- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2020 Calories from Fat 1982
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 224 g345%
Saturated Fat 32.7 g163.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 370.2 mg
Sodium 1010.2 mg42.1%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.23 g0.94%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 5 g10.2%
Vitamin A 8.8% Vitamin C 23%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 11.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Let all the ingredients stand and reach room temperature.
2) Combine the salt, pepper and dry mustard together.
3) Set electric mixer to medium-high speed and beat the egg yolks for about 1 or 2 minutes or till they have thickened.
4) Add the lemon juice, mustard mixture and vinegar and beat for another 30 second.
5) Add 1/3 to 1/3 cup of oil to the egg yolk mixture very carefully and slowly, only one drop at a time, constantly beating at the medium-high speed. Ensure that the oil has mixed completely with the egg yolk mixture before adding another drop.
6) Add the remaining oil, about 1 tablespoon at a time. Ensure that the oil has combined thoroughly with the egg yolk mix before adding another tablespoon.
7) During the entire process, which generally takes about 60 minutes, scrape the mixer bowl frequently.
8) Spoon the mayonnaise into a jar which has a tight-fitting lid.
9) Serve chilled or at room temperature alongside preparations.
The mayonnaise should be stored in the refrigerator at all times.