- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Manicotti Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Ricotta cheese||15 Ounce|
|Parmigiano reggiano||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Italian parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh mozzarella||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Marinara sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 196 Calories from Fat 97
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.9%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 100.1 mg
Sodium 197.1 mg8.2%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.83 g3.3%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 12 g23.2%
Vitamin A 14.6% Vitamin C 11.1%
Calcium 18.5% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
2. For making crepes - In a mixing bowl, combine egg, flour, salt, pepper, nutmeg and olive oil, and mix thoroughly.
3. Gradually whisk in 1 1/2 cups of the milk to make a smooth batter.
4. Set aside for one hour to set up.
5. Heat a crepe pan coated with olive oil.
6. Measure 1/4 cup of batter and coat the crepe pan with the batter, tilt the pan so the batter goes out to the edges.
7. When the crepe is lightly browned, turn over and cook on the other.
8. For filling crepes- Mix all the filling ingredients in a bowl.
9. Spoon in the filling in the middle of the crepe.
10. Roll the two sides to the middle with seam in the centre.
11. In a casserole dish, place these crepes. Top with marinara sauce, grated cheese and crumbled mozzarella.
13. Serve it hot with a bowl of Italian salad.