- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Low Carb Chicken Nuggets Recipe Video
|Chicken breasts||2 Pound|
|Parmesan cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Coconut flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (omit on Induction)|
|Onion powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 604 Calories from Fat 149
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.2%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 212 mg
Sodium 1406.3 mg58.6%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27%
Sugars 12.4 g
Protein 71 g142.3%
Vitamin A 6.3% Vitamin C 6.5%
Calcium 64.9% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven at 200 degrees F.
2. In a container, add Parmesan cheese, coconut flour, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and baking powder.
3. Place lid on container and shake to combine.
4. In a bowl, crack one egg, and add heavy cream and water. Beat together.
5. Remove excess fat off chicken, and slice chicken breast in to 1-inch strips on the bias against the grain of the chicken.
6. Season the chicken with seasoning.
7. In a large container, add 3/4 cup of cheese-flour mixture.
8. Add a handful of chicken. Shake to coat the chicken.
9. Dunk chicken strips in the egg-cream bath, and shake off excess liquid.
10. Return chicken to large container for second breading. Place chicken on a plate, and repeat for remaining chicken.
11. Place the chicken in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
12. Heat oil and remove chicken from freezer and place roughly a third of the pieces in the oil.
13. Cook chicken for 5 minutes until done.
14. Place chicken on cooking sheet in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
15. Repeat cooking process with remaining chicken.
16. Serve chicken nuggets with your favorite dip.