- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Hummus Recipe Video
|Chickpea/Garbanzo bean||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Tahini/Sesame seed paste||4 Tablespoon (about 1/4 cup)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon (or 1 large lemon)|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon (about 1/3 cup)|
|Garlic clove||2 Small, peeled|
|Seasoned salt||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Cracked black pepper/Paprika||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2217 Calories from Fat 1207
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 139 g214.1%
Saturated Fat 18.7 g93.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1650.3 mg68.8%
Total Carbohydrates 194 g64.8%
Dietary Fiber 53.8 g215.2%
Sugars 31.5 g
Protein 66 g132.6%
Vitamin A 5.1% Vitamin C 63%
Calcium 42.1% Iron 124.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a food processor or blender, tip in the drained chick peas.
2. Add the tahini, freshly squeezed lemon juice and olive oil.
3. Blend for 30 seconds.
4. Add the garlic and the salt and pepper then blend again until smooth in texture.
5. Spoon the spread into a dip bowl.
6. Serve with pita bread, veggie sticks or corn chips.