- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Green Tea Ice Cream (녹차 아이스크림) Recipe Video
|Green tea powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Half and half||473 Milliliter|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 199 Calories from Fat 104
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g33%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 152.6 mg
Sodium 37.2 mg1.5%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 16.9 g
Protein 4 g7.8%
Vitamin A 8.5% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 1.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, add the egg yolks and add 1/4 cup of half and half from the container. Mix well.
2. In a heated pan add the egg mixture and boil for about 10 minutes occasionally stirring on low heat.
3. Meanwhile in a small bowl mix the sugar and green tea powder.
4. After 10 minutes of simmering the egg mixture, turn off the heat and add the green tea mixture to it. Stir it well until the sugar dissolves with the heat from the pan.
5. Take a large bowl and pour in the rest of the half and half from the container. Then pour the egg and green tea mixture gently into this half and half and stir.
6. Take a bowl with a wide bottom and a lid. Pour the ice cream mixture into this bowl, close it and keep it in the freezer for about 3 hours.
7. After 3 hours take the bowl out of the freezer and mix the ice cream and once again, close it and put it back into the freezer. Repeat this process at least 4 times.(This will help make the ice cream softer)
8. Serve chilled with berries and enjoy.
Depending upon the green tea powder the color and taste can be slightly varied.