- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How To Make Greek Yogurt at Home 自制酸奶 Recipe Video
|Whole milk||1⁄2 Gallon|
|Greek yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1/2 of the store bought cup used)|
Calories 200 Calories from Fat 92
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.8%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 31.5 mg
Sodium 132 mg5.5%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 17.4 g
Protein 12 g23.8%
Vitamin A 6.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 38% Iron 0.53%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Cast iron pot - for better fermentation process
1. Preheat the oven to 140 F.
1. Heat a cast iron pot, warm the whole milk in it. (Do not boil the milk)
2. Once the milk is warm, gradually add the yogurt (store bought) into the warm milk, as shown in the video.
3. Using a spoon, mix the milk and yogurt evenly.
4. Once the oven is preheated, turn it off and after 10 minutes place the cast iron pot with the yogurt and the milk into the oven. Let it stand for about 6 - 8 hours for fermentation.
5. Serve as it is or with a dash of honey.
You may add half and half or heavy cream to the yogurt for a creamy texture.