- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Granola Recipe
|Rolled oats||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Untoasted)|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
|Soy flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||3 Tablespoon|
|Sunflower seeds||3 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Safflower oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mild flavored honey/Malt syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 892 Calories from Fat 212
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.5%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 7.1 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 136 g45.4%
Dietary Fiber 20.6 g82.3%
Sugars 13.1 g
Protein 32 g64.6%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 0.84%
Calcium 18.4% Iron 54.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 250°F.
2. In a large bowl mix together the first six ingredients.
3. In a cup blend thoroughly the vanilla extract, oil and honey.
4. Pour this over the dry ingredients in the bowl
5. Stir thoroughly until well coated.
6. Turn mixture onto a baking tray and spread out on evenly.
7. Toast in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours, stirring frequently to toast evenly.
8. Add the raisins and bake another 20 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and let cool and become crisp.
10. Transfer toasted granola to an airtight container or jars
11. Seal and keep refrigerated to keep well for up to a month.
12. Enjoy granola with or without low fat, skim or soy milk for a healthy breakfast