- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Golden Syrup Recipe Video
|White vinegar essence||20 Milliliter|
|Lemon slices||40 Gram|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 975 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.12 g0.18%
Saturated Fat 0.02 g0.08%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1.2 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 254 g84.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.5%
Sugars 249.8 g
Protein 0.48 g0.96%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 51.3%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 1.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, bring water to boil.
2. Stir in vinegar essence.
3. Add sugar, turn the heat to medium and allow to boil without stirring.
4. If foam appears on the surface, remove it using spoon.
5. Add lemon slices and bring to boil.
6. As the syrup starts to boil, reduce the heat.
7. Using cooking thermometer, check the temperature. Cooking temperature should be 221°F and should not exceed 226.4° F.
8. Simmer for 60 minutes or until the liquid turns golden brown in color.
9. Turnoff the heat and remove lemon slice.
10. Allow the syrup to cool completely for 2 hours.
11. In a clean glass bottle, stream the syrup and cover with lid.
12. Leave the syrup in cool place for 2 days, before using.
13.Use the syrup as required.
This Homemade golden syrup can stored for 6 months at room temperature.