- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Dark Chocolate Truffles for Valentine's Day Recipe Video
|Dark chocolate chips||12 Ounce|
|Heavy whipping cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Confectioner's sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2408 Calories from Fat 1245
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 144 g220.9%
Saturated Fat 69 g344.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 246.6 mg
Sodium 948.6 mg39.5%
Total Carbohydrates 285 g95.1%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 179.5 g
Protein 15 g29.4%
Vitamin A 52.9% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 11.7% Iron 0.32%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place the dark chocolate chips in a large bowl and set aside.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a small saucepan over low to medium heat, bring heavy whipping cream to the boiling point. Do not boil.
4. Pour the hot cream over the dark chocolate chips in the bowl. Stir until the chocolate dissolves.
5. Add vanilla extract and stir to combine. Let the mixture sit at room temperature for 1 hour until thick and semi-solid.
6. Scoop out tablespoon-sized portions of truffle mixture and place on lined baking pan.
7. Refrigerate them for about 30 minutes, form each tablespoon into a round ball. When each ball is formed, place it back on the parchment paper-lined pan.
8. Roll each of them in confectioner's sugar, shake off the excess sugar, and place on a nice serving dish.