- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Corn Tortillas (Mexican Basics) Recipe Video
|Tortilla flour||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Ready corn tortilla flour used)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As required as per instructions on the flour pack)|
Calories 254 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.7%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 592.6 mg24.7%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 8 g16.9%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 11.3% Iron 15.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Roller pin and board / tortilla maker
1. Take a bowl with tortilla flour and knead it gently by gradually adding water in small quantities at a time. Knead to form a soft dough.
2. Take golf ball size portions and roll on a board. Keep plastic sheets between the dough before rolling to prevent the dough from sticking to the board and the roller pin.
3. Using a round shaped cutting tool cut the rolled portion into a perfect round shape.
4. Meanwhile take a pan and heat it, put the rolled dough into it and cook flipping sides till done.
5. Serve the corn tortillas fresh with any topping of your choice.