- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Cheese Crackers - Only 4 Ingredients Recipe Video
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded (or smoked cheddar cheese)|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1 Tablespoon, coarse (Optional)|
Calories 339 Calories from Fat 214
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.6%
Saturated Fat 15.4 g76.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.3 mg23.4%
Sodium 1889.2 mg78.7%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.63 g2.5%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 12 g23.2%
Vitamin A 14.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 26.9% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a food processor, add cheddar cheese, unsalted butter, salt and flour.
2. Process it till it forms dough. Shape it like a disc, wrap with a plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
5. Remove the dough from the fridge and let it thaw and soften.
6. On a smooth work surface, roll the dough ½ inch thick.
7. Using a pizza cutter or knife make 1 inch squares from the dough.
8. Sprinkle them with kosher salt (if using).
9. Use the bottom end of a skewer or toothpick to make holes in the center of the squares.
10. Place these squares on the parchment lined cookie sheet.
11. Bake in the preheated oven for around 12 minutes or till the bottoms turn light golden brown.
12. Remove from the oven and let them sit on the cookie sheet for a minute.
13. Transfer them on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
14. In a serving plate, serve the crackers with milk, tea or any other refreshing drink or store them in an air tight container.