- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Carrot Cake Recipe (Moist, Bakery Style) Recipe Video
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cinnamon powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated carrot||3 Cup (48 tbs), finely grated (baby carrot)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely chopped (Optional)|
|Frosting||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 644 Calories from Fat 314
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g54.9%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.8 mg
Sodium 335.7 mg14%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.9%
Sugars 53.2 g
Protein 6 g12.2%
Vitamin A 1.4% Vitamin C 0.28%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 13x9-inch pan or two 8 or 9 inch round pans with shortening and lightly flour. Set aside.
3. In large bowl, add granulated sugar, oil and eggs, Mix with electric mixer on low speed for about 30 seconds or until fully combined.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and the salt till combined.
5. Add the dry mix into the wet mix slowly, mixing it each time before adding the next batch. Mix to combine.
6. Put vanilla and add the carrots. Mix till combined.
7. Pour into the prepared pans evenly.
8. Bake for around 35 minutes, or till toothpick comes out clean.
9. Remove from the oven and cool for around 10 minutes;
10. Invert the pans and tap to remove the cakes on to the cooling rack. Cool them completely.
11. Frost cake all around and sprinkle walnuts generously on the top.
12. In a serving plate, slice the cake and serve it as a dessert.