- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Carrot Raisin Bran Muffins Recipe Video
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||2 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Oat bran||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dried okara slices||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg replacer||3 Teaspoon (for 2 eggs)|
|Warm water||4 Tablespoon|
|Molasses||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Agave nectar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown rice syrup/Maple syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Apple sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Safflower oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (+ more for muffin pan)|
|Carrot||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), grated|
|Pineapple||6 Ounce, crushed|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts/Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Calories 384 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.5%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.05 mg
Sodium 393.5 mg16.4%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.9%
Sugars 34.7 g
Protein 8 g16%
Vitamin A 107.6% Vitamin C 26.9%
Calcium 23.6% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needmuffin pan
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease the muffin pan with oil. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, mix molasses, agave nectar and brown rice syrup. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, oat bran and dried okara. Whisk to mix well. Set aside.
5. In a large bowl mix egg replacer with warm water. Add in the sweeteners, apple sauce, safflower oil, carrot, pineapple and raisins. Mix well till combined.
6. Mix the dry and wet ingredients and the nuts and mix well till combined.
7. In the greased muffin pan fill the batter to full. Bake for the around 25 minutes or till it turns golden brown.
8. Remove from the oven and let it sit for a few minutes and cool on a rack before serving.
9. In a serving plate, serve the muffins for breakfast or as a snack with choice of beverage.
If egg replacer is not available, then for every egg mix 1 tablespoon of flax meal with 3 tablespoons of warm water.
Any 1 type of sweetener can be used instead of 3.
If dried okara is not available then add extra 1/4 cup of oat bran to replace it.
To make Okara at home please check out this link - How To Make Okara