- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Caramel Sauce Recipe Video
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Corn syrup||1 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (organic)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1616 Calories from Fat 781
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 89 g136.6%
Saturated Fat 55.3 g276.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 328.8 mg
Sodium 99 mg4.1%
Total Carbohydrates 211 g70.2%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 201.4 g
Protein 5 g9.8%
Vitamin A 70.6% Vitamin C 2.4%
Calcium 15.9% Iron 0.61%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a deep stainless steel pot, add the sugar, water and corn syrup together.
2) Stir with a wire whisk and cook over a low heat until bubbly.
3) As the mixture attains an amber color, keep whisking and cook for a few minutes until there are no more bubbles and the mixture gets nice color.
4) Then gradually whisk on the heavy cream, whisk continuously and cook for a few seconds until the sauce is thick and creamy.
5) Use the Caramel sauce as a flavoring in puddings and desserts, as a filling in bonbons, or as a topping for ice cream, custard and coffee.
Add corn syrup to prevent the sugar from crystallizing.