- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Caramel Apples Recipe Video
|For caramel sauce|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Optional)|
Calories 484 Calories from Fat 192
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g33%
Saturated Fat 10.3 g51.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.8 mg
Sodium 59.3 mg2.5%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g17.8%
Sugars 66.1 g
Protein 4 g7.5%
Vitamin A 13.4% Vitamin C 11.9%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 1.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedWooden popsicle sticks
1. Put the popsicle stick in the apples.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray generously with cooking spray, set aside.
3. In a saucepan over medium heat, put sugar and stir constantly for about 6-9 minutes or until the sugar is dissolved or until thermometer reads 235 F.
4. Turn off the heat and carefully stream in heavy cream, as it will bubble a bit, stir until bubbles have gone.
5. Add in vanilla to the caramel sauce.
6. Put the heat on to medium low and cook for another 5 minutes stirring constantly.
7. Turn off the heat and allow to cool for about 3 -4 minutes.
8. Dip the apple in the caramel sauce or spoon the sauce all over the apple to coat well, sprinkle with chopped nuts if using and place on the baking sheet.
9. Allow the caramel to cool and set.
10. Serve with remaining caramel sauce and a scoop of ice cream if desired.