- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Candied Almonds Recipe Video
|Sliced almonds||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 584 Calories from Fat 235
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.1%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0.57 mg0.02%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.7%
Sugars 68.8 g
Protein 12 g24.1%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C
Calcium 15% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place sugar in a skillet over medium high heat.
2. Stir and cook until sugar is almost dissolved and browned.
3. Be careful because this is very hot and can burn if it splashes out of the skillet.
4. Add the almonds and quickly stir until well coated.
5. Pour almonds onto a non-stick surface, such as Reynolds non-stick aluminum foil.
6. Spread out quickly.
7. Let cool.
8. Break up and use as needed in salads or for snacking.