- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Butter Biscuits Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), cubed|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (250ml approx)|
Calories 652 Calories from Fat 324
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.6%
Saturated Fat 22.8 g114.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.4 mg
Sodium 567 mg23.6%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 10.7 g
Protein 10 g20.5%
Vitamin A 22.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 36.2% Iron 22.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 220 degree Celsius.
2. Line a cookie tray with parchment paper and keep it aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine all purpose flour, baking powder, granulated sugar, and salt. Mix.
4. Throw butter in bowl, and using your hand blend well, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
5. Pour in milk and with fork stir it into soft, slightly sticky dough.
6. On a cutting board, sprinkle flour, place mixture on it and knead it gently.
7. With a biscuit cutter, cut the dough any way you want, and place them on cookie tray.
8. Place tray in oven, and bake for about 12 minutes or until golden.
9. Split biscuits into half, apply butter in center.
10. Serve butter biscuits with hot coffee or tea.