- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Blueberry Strawberry Jam Recipe
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4808 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.1%
Saturated Fat 0.48 g2.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 342.4 mg14.3%
Total Carbohydrates 1253 g417.6%
Dietary Fiber 52.3 g209.3%
Sugars 905.3 g
Protein 17 g34.4%
Vitamin A 14.3% Vitamin C 1660%
Calcium 36.9% Iron 48.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Sterilize 6 (1/2-pint) preserve jars with screw on lids.
2. Wash and hull the strawberries
3. Place them in a basin and crush them with the back of a large metal spoon to release the juices.
4. Measure and reserve 3 cups.
5. Similarly wash, hull and crush blueberries and reserve 3 cups.
6. In a large (6-quart) non-metallic saucepan, combine measured berries, sugar, corn syrup and lemon juice.
7. Cook on a medium low flame, stirring constantly until it comes to a rolling boil.
8. Continue to boil the mixture for 40 to 50 minutes or until the mixture is thick and viscous and leaves a trail when stirred.
9. Take the pan off the heat and let cool slightly so that the scum surfaces.
10. Carefully skim off the scum.
11. Spoon into the sterilized preserve jars, filling almost to the rim.
12. Cover with circles of wax paper and close lids tightly.
13. Immerse the jars in a bath of boiling water for 5 minutes.
14. Store in a cool dry area like pantry.
15. Serve the homemade jam with homemade breads or use as required in cooking.