- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Beef and Cheese Tacos Recipe Video
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 Large, chopped|
|Picante sauce||8 Ounce|
|Plain yogurt||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (or 1/3 cup mayonnaise, if you prefer)|
|Sour cream||8 Ounce|
|Shredded sharp cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Yellow corn taco shell||12|
Calories 311 Calories from Fat 157
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.1%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.6 mg
Sodium 486.5 mg20.3%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.6%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 13 g26.9%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 10.4%
Calcium 30.4% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 375 degree F.
2. Place a large skillet over medium-high flame and lightly brown ground beef.
3. Add green pepper and continue to cook until beef is crumbly and no longer pink. Remove skillet from the heat and drain off excess fat, if any.
4. Pour picante sauce into the skillet and mix well. Set aside.
5. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together sour cream, plain yogurt, and cheese.
6. Now, on a non-stick or greased baking pan, place the taco shell upright and fill each with meat and green pepper mixture at the bottom.
7. Spoon cheese and sour cream mixture over the top.
8. Cover baking pan with aluminum foil to prevent the tops from over-browning.
9. Pop the pan in oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
10. Remove the foil and bake or broil for an additional 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
11. Remove from oven, and serve hot with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sour cream with pickled jalapeno and guacamole.