- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Baked Zucchini Chips -- Recipe by Michelle Hopkins (Poenut) ☼ Recipe Video
|Zucchini||2 , unpeeled and cut into ¼-inch slices|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|French fried onion||4 Ounce, crushed (1 small can)|
|Panko breadcrumbs||4 Ounce (Use an amount equal to the crushed French fried onions)|
|Cooking oil spray||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 219 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.5%
Saturated Fat 0.77 g3.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 71 mg
Sodium 415.1 mg17.3%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 8 g16.2%
Vitamin A 4.4% Vitamin C 19.8%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a Ziploc bag, place flour and season with salt and pepper. Seal and shake the bag well. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and add milk. Set aside.
3. In a separate Ziploc bag, combine crushed French fried onions with Panko bread crumbs, and then place the mixture into a shallow dish.
4. Grease a wire cooling rack with cooking spray and place it on top of a shallow pan.
5. Put zucchini slices into the bag with seasoned flour and shake to coat well. Take them out, shake off excess flour, and place them on a shallow dish. Do it in batches.
6. Using tongs or a spoon dip floured zucchini slices into egg wash, one at a time and them coat them with bread crumb mixture. Place them on oiled rack.
7. Pop the pan in a 400 degree F oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes or until golden.
8. Serve immediately with ranch dressing.