- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Baby Food - Sweet Potato and Carrot Puree Recipe Video
|Sweet potato||250 Gram|
|Water||3 Fluid Ounce, boiled|
Calories 69 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.12 g0.19%
Saturated Fat 0.03 g0.13%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 60.3 mg2.5%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.7%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 1 g2.7%
Vitamin A 302.6% Vitamin C 6.2%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 2.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel the sweet potato and carrot. Wash them thoroughly and slice.
2. In a steamer pour 3 cups of water and place of medium high heat.
3. Place the sweet potato and carrot on the steamer rack. Steam for 20 minutes till very soft.
4. Remove the vegetables to a bowl for mashing. Let cool
5. Mash the potato and carrot, using a masher or a large spoon and fork.
6. Add 3 oz of boiled water or sterilized water to make it creamy and smooth in texture.
7. Allow the puree to cool down, put it in a sterilized jar or container and store in the refrigerator.
8. Make sure to bring baby food to appropriate temperature before you feed it to your baby.