- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Home Style Falafel Recipe Video
|Chickpeas||2 Cup (32 tbs), cleaned, washed and soaked overnight or for at least 12 hours|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Cilantro||3 Bunch (300 gm)|
|Parsley||3 Bunch (300 gm)|
|Cumin seeds||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground coriander||3 Tablespoon|
|Coriander seeds||3 Tablespoon|
|Cooking oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Onions||1 , diced|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chili flakes||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 1810 Calories from Fat 1246
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 142 g218%
Saturated Fat 19.4 g97%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 246.8 mg10.3%
Total Carbohydrates 122 g40.6%
Dietary Fiber 38.8 g155.4%
Sugars 28 g
Protein 33 g66%
Vitamin A 232.9% Vitamin C 261.1%
Calcium 61.3% Iron 135.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak the chickpeas for 12 hours, drain and wash well.
2. Chop the cilantro and the parsley rough chop.
3. In the food processor, add chickpeas, parsley, coriander and onions and grind until all ingredients are mixed well and finely chopped. The mixture should be smooth and homogeneous.
4. Repeat this step until all your ingredients are used up.
5. Add spices to the mixture and mix well.
6. Let the mixture stand for an hour to allow the flavors to develop. The mixture also will be easier to shape.
7. Add one teaspoon of Bicarbonate Soda to the amount you are about to fry.
8. Prepare the falafel stuffing.
9. Shape the falafel rounds by hand or by the falafel shaper instrument if you have one.
10. Fill the falafel with the stuffing and close the falafel ball well.
11. Heat up the oil and make sure your oil is very hot before you fry the falafel.
12. Drop the falafel balls carefully, they fry fast and do not stir while they are frying.
13. Take out of the frying pan with a draining spoon and place on paper towels to drain the excess oil.
14. Serve hot with pita bread, small diced salad and tahini sauce. Enjoy!