- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade yogurt - Dahi -Curd Recipe Video
|Regular milk||1⁄2 Gallon|
|Yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 195 Calories from Fat 95
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.2%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.8 mg
Sodium 130.5 mg5.4%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 17 g
Protein 10 g21%
Vitamin A 6.6% Vitamin C 0.08%
Calcium 36.8% Iron 0.55%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a heavy bottomed pan and boil the milk. Set it aside for a while, as we do not use the hot milk to prepare the yogurt. We need it just warm (120 to 150 F).
2. After the boiled milk has rested a while and is warm, add the yogurt to it and stir using a spoon or an electric whisker. Do not stir too much. Let the mixture rest in room temperature for about 3 hours to 5 hours.
3. Check if done, if not done leave it to rest for some more time.
4. Once done refrigerate the yogurt before serving to get the right texture.
5. Serve the yogurt with any dish or snack of your choice. Yogurt can also be used in baking or cooking dishes, apart rom its use in preparing smoothies.
During winter when the room temperature is low, rest the milk-yogurt mixture inside the oven, leaving the light inside turned on.
Plain or flavored yogurt can be prepared at home.
Using high fat milk, the thicker and creamier Greek style yogurt can also be prepared at home. This is used to make the frozen flavored yogurt.