- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Home made Paneer Recipe
|Full fat milk||1 3⁄20 Liter (2 Pint)|
|Lemon juice||6 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 713 Calories from Fat 336
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.5%
Saturated Fat 21.4 g107.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 115 mg
Sodium 460.8 mg19.2%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.36 g1.4%
Sugars 62.6 g
Protein 37 g74.7%
Vitamin A 23.8% Vitamin C 69%
Calcium 130.6% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium sauce pan, place milk to boil.
2. When it just starts to boil, remove off flame and add lemon juice.
3. Using a whisk, keep mixing till milk starts to curdle. Keep aside to cool.
4. In a large sized bowl, cover with muslin cloth.
5. Pour cooled curdled milk over muslin cloth and allow to strain.
6. Seal muslin cloth like a bag and keep to hang (place the bowl at bottom so that excess liquid can drip into the bowl).
7. Once all the excess liquid has drained off, squeeze muslin cloth once (to remove liquid, if any).
8. Place in a small flat dish/ tin (along with muslin cloth) and top with a heavy weight (like a stone etc). Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
9. Once set, cut into pieces and use as desired in recipes to make pulao, tikkas, cutlets etc.
You can also use 1 teaspoon citric acid to split milk, as an alternative to lemon juice.