- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Steak with Vegetables and Pan Seared Ahi Tuna with Daikon Recipe Video
|Rib eye steak||16 Ounce|
|Salt||3 Teaspoon (To season both the steak and the vegetables to taste)|
|Pepper||3 Teaspoon (To season both the steak and the vegetables to taste)|
|Button mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White onion, chopped||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Kabayaki||2 Tablespoon (sweet soy reduction)|
|Unsalted butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Daikon oroshi||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic chips||2 Teaspoon|
|Katsuo||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), thinly sliced|
|For the ahi tuna with daikon|
|Ahi tuna||8 Ounce (pre seasoned)|
|Daikon radish||2 Cup (32 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Spicy soy vinaigrette||6 Tablespoon|
|Micro shisho leaves||2 Tablespoon (for ganish)|
Calories 973 Calories from Fat 459
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g80.3%
Saturated Fat 15 g74.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 184.7 mg61.6%
Sodium 5550.2 mg231.3%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.8%
Sugars 9.8 g
Protein 90 g180.5%
Vitamin A 15.7% Vitamin C 29%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 23%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For the Steak with Vegetables: Season the steak with salt and pepper.
2. Throw it on the pre heated grill and cook well on either side for about 4 minutes until it is done to your liking. Also nice grill marks should form on the meat.
4. Once done, remove from the grill and let it rest for sometime.
5. Thinly slice the steak and set aside.
6. In a saute pan, drop the mushrooms and the onions.
7. Pour the oil and season with salt and pepper.
8. Once the onions look translucent, pour in the stock and let it cook.
7. Drizzle in the Kabayaki sauce and throw in the unsalted butter and let it reduce. Once done, set aside.
8. For the Ahi Tuna with Daikon: In a pan, heat the oil.
9. Sear the seasoned ahi well on each side and set aside.
10. Let it rest for couple of minutes and then thinly slice it.
11. For the steak with Vegetables: On a plate, empty the mushrooms and onions in the butter sauce.
12. Place the sliced steak on it.
13. Top with the daikon oroshi.
14. Drizzle the ponzu sauce.
15. Sprinkle the garlic chips and the katsuo fish flakes.
16. For the Ahi Tuna with daikon: On a plate, place the thinly sliced daikon.
17. Drizzle the soy vinaigrette.
18. Place the sliced ahi tuna loin on top of it.
19. Garnish with thinly sliced green onions and serve the grilled steak with vegetables and garnish with Kaiware sprouts and micro shisho leaves and serve the pan seared Ahi tuna with daikon.