- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Home At Six Soup Recipe
|Lean ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned whole tomatoes||28 Ounce, cut up (1 Can)|
|Canned kidney beans||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned whole kernel corn||17 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Shredded cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Cheddar, Guacamole, Dairy Sour Cream, Corn Chips)|
Calories 399 Calories from Fat 123
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.3%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 74.2 mg
Sodium 704.6 mg29.4%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.6%
Dietary Fiber 9.9 g39.7%
Sugars 11.9 g
Protein 36 g71.2%
Vitamin A 39.1% Vitamin C 38.7%
Calcium 23.5% Iron 29.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a 6-quart Dutch stockpot or oven and in it cook onion and ground beef until the meat turns brown and the onion tenderizes.
2) Drain after that.
3) Next, stir in the undrained kidney beans, tomatoes, corn, basil, cumin, chili sauce and tomato sauce.
4) Boil the mixture in reduced heat.
5) Cover the mixture and simmer it for an hour.
6) Serve the dish with a topping of guacamole, cheese, corn chips and sour cream.