- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hombre Shrimp And Fettuccine With Salsa Pesto Recipe
|Salsa||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Medium Or Hot)|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Shrimp||20 Large, peeled, deveined and tails left intact|
|Fettuccine||1 Pound, cooked al dente and drained|
|For salsa pesto|
|Salsa||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), divided (Medium Or Hot)|
|Spinach leaves||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), rinsed, stemmed and drained (Firmly Packed)|
|Fresh cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Toasted pine nuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), divided|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 1049 Calories from Fat 391
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69%
Saturated Fat 7 g35%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 278.2 mg
Sodium 1310.4 mg54.6%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.5%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 61 g121.4%
Vitamin A 40% Vitamin C 41%
Calcium 36.5% Iron 48.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a glass mixing bowl, combine Salsa, lemon juice, garlic and salt for the sauce.
2) Wash shrimp in water, dry gently and fasten onto 4 soaked wooden skewers.
3) Grill or broil shrimp for 5 to 8 minutes, tossing and basting occasionally with the sauce, until they are cooked well and keep warm with remaining sauce.
4) In the meantime, in a blender, mix 1/4 cup Salsa, garlic, spinach, cilantro, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup pine nuts and oil for the pesto.
5) Puree the mixture until thick and smooth after covering the blender.
6) To a large mixing bowl, transfer pesto and mix in remaining salsa.
7) Stir in warm fettuccine and coat it with pesto by tossing well.
8) Take 4 individual serving plates and divide fettuccine mixture evenly among them.
9) Place pine nuts and a warm shrimp skewer on the top of each portion.
10) Add Parmesan cheese and serve at once with warm sauce, garnishing with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs.