- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hollandaise Sauce Recipe Video
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 958 Calories from Fat 928
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 105 g162.1%
Saturated Fat 64.5 g322.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 628.2 mg209.4%
Sodium 289.6 mg12.1%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.08 g0.3%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 6 g11.9%
Vitamin A 69.2% Vitamin C 1.5%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan take butter and boil for 2 minutes.
2. When butter is boiled water and solids are separated from the butter fat. Discard the foam and milk solids and remove the clarified butter in a bowl.
3. Boil water in a saucepan and take egg yolks in a bowl, add in the lemon juice.
4. Double boil the yolk mixture stirring continuously. Temperature should not be too hot or too warm.
5. Sprinkle pepper and salt. Whisk well.
6. Remove the bowl from the saucepan and stream in butter, whisking continuously.
7. Sprinkle tarragon and place in a serving bowl.
8. Serve Hollandaise Sauce with finger chips and enjoy!