- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hollandaise Sauce—Infallible Recipe
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Melted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1748 Calories from Fat 1684
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 191 g294.2%
Saturated Fat 116.7 g583.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1204.8 mg
Sodium 1022 mg42.6%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.29 g1.2%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 12 g23.1%
Vitamin A 130.6% Vitamin C 23.8%
Calcium 13.3% Iron 9.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Add egg yolks to a bowl and beat using an electric hand mixture until thick and pale.
2. Whisk in the salt and cayenne.
3. While beating constantly at a low speed, gradually pour melted butter, adding not more than 1/3rd of it at a time.
4. When more than half of the butter is incorporated, gradually beat in the lemon juice alternately with the butter.
5. When all the butter has been blended into the emulsion beat for a few seconds more.
6. Just before serving, place the bowl over a double boiler and stir until the sauce has thinned out and is the consistency of custard.
7. Serve this sauce warm over vegetables, fish or meat.