- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Basic Hollandaise Sauce Recipe
|Wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Melted butter||1⁄4 Pound (100 gram)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1017 Calories from Fat 953
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 108 g166.2%
Saturated Fat 64 g320%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 984.2 mg
Sodium 432.6 mg18%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 11 g21.9%
Vitamin A 74.2% Vitamin C 37.8%
Calcium 12.9% Iron 12.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cook the broccoli or cauliflower or poach the salmon or turbot; to be served with Hollandaise sauce.
2) In a saucepan, heat the vinegar over moderate heat until reduced to half quantity.
3) Remove the pan from the heat and first add water then egg yolks.
4) Place again the pan on the heat and whisk the egg until thick and light.
5) Remove from heat and slowly add the melted butter.
6) Season the sauce with salt and pepper and add lemon juice to taste.
7) Serve the sauce with cooked veggies or poached fish.