- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Holiday Turkey Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Bacon||12 Ounce, sliced|
|Sage sausage||16 Ounce|
|Pecan||1 Teaspoon, soaked|
|Fig woods||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 607 Calories from Fat 402
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.9%
Saturated Fat 15.7 g78.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 149.1 mg
Sodium 1352.2 mg56.3%
Total Carbohydrates 0.42 g0.14%
Dietary Fiber 0.16 g0.62%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 46 g91.6%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 9.1%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 14.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Rinse and pat dry turkey.
2. Rub turkey with olive or vegetable oil.
3. Stuff cavity with 1 package sliced bacon and 1 package sage sausage.
4. Season turkey with salt, pepper, sage, garlic and paprika.
5. Place turkey in smoker and smoke at low heat with soaked pecan and fig woods for 1 ½ hours.
6. As wood begins to ignite, spray with water to keep heat low.
7. Transfer turkey to dutch oven and cook at 325-250˚ F for approximately 3 hours.
8. Carefully remove turkey from oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
9. Remove stuffing and set aside for soup mixture.
10. Slice and enjoy.