- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Holiday Series: Sweet Potato Swirled Cheesecake (Cooking with Carolyn) Recipe Video
|For the crust|
|Graham cracker crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Melted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||4 Tablespoon|
|For the filling|
|Canned sweet potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained & pureed|
|Cinnamon powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||16 Ounce (room temperature)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 421 Calories from Fat 245
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.8%
Saturated Fat 15.4 g77.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 157.8 mg52.6%
Sodium 250.2 mg10.4%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.7 g2.8%
Sugars 30.6 g
Protein 7 g13.1%
Vitamin A 62.6% Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 8% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needoven
9-inch springform pan
1. Preheat Oven 350 degrees.
2. In a food processor pour the graham cracker add grind it, transfer it in a bowl.
3. Add butter and sugar and mix with a spatula until all the crumbs are moist.
4. Pour the mixture into the spring form pan and press it down using you hand.
5. Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes and once done allow it to cool.
6. In the meantime start on the filling, in a food processor puree the sweet potatoes, once done remove 1 cup of puree and reserve the remaining until needed.
7. In the 1 cup puree add the cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and ¼ cup of sugar, mix well.
8. In a medium size bowl combine the cream cheese and ½ cup of sugar and blend it with a hand mixer, once it’s creamy add the vanilla give it a spin, scrap the sides with a clean spatula.
9. Add the eggs one at a time while continuously beating
10. Once the crust is cooled pour the filling in the pan and spread it evenly.
11. Add the sweet potato puree and using a butter knife makes swirls.
12. Don’t scrape the sides and the bottom.
13. Bake it in a preheated oven for 45 minutes.
14. Once done let it cool and then refrigerate overnight.
15. Serve a big slice of the sweet potato cheesecake after a hearty meal.
Using a small knife, cut around the cake and release the pan sides.
You can make this cheesecake 2 days ahead. Keep refrigerated and serve cold.