- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Holiday Stuffing Recipe
|Celery||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs), chopped|
|Instant minced onion||5 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), melted|
|Poultry seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Season all||2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White bread cubes||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Whole wheat bread cubes||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Corn bread cubes||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Toasted slivered almonds||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Chicken seasoned stock base||2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), hot|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5409 Calories from Fat 3126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 351 g539.5%
Saturated Fat 185.5 g927.3%
Trans Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 1333.3 mg444.4%
Sodium 8104 mg337.7%
Total Carbohydrates 462 g154%
Dietary Fiber 28 g111.8%
Sugars 27.9 g
Protein 95 g189.3%
Vitamin A 233.3% Vitamin C 32.1%
Calcium 147.9% Iron 87.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a skillet, saute the onions and celery in butter, until tender.
2) In a bowl, sprinkle the poultry seasoning, Season-All, salt and pepper over the bread cubes.
3) Add the celery and onion mixture, eggs and almonds, toss until thoroughly mixed.
4) In a bowl, dissolve the seasoned stock base in water and pour over the bread mixture.
6) Toss lightly until thoroughly blended.
7) Use the Holiday Stuffing, for stuffing chicken, turkey, Cornish hens, or as required.