- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Holiday Stollen Recipe Video
|Bread flour||24 Ounce|
|Yeast||3 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||6 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Cardamom powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Candied fruits||7 Ounce|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), melted|
|Cinnamon sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1543 Calories from Fat 718
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 82 g126.6%
Saturated Fat 45.2 g226.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 185.2 mg
Sodium 514.7 mg21.4%
Total Carbohydrates 186 g61.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33.3%
Sugars 78.7 g
Protein 19 g38.5%
Vitamin A 43.1% Vitamin C 3.6%
Calcium 15.9% Iron 17.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large mixing bowl or on a flat surface, add the bread flour. Make a small well and pour in the milk, yeast, sugar and mix well.
2. Add the ground cardamom, nutmeg, lemon zest and butter. Using a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the flour and mix well until starts forming a dough.
3. Add in the candied fruits, almond powder and raisins. Continue kneading until well incorporated.
4. Shape the dough into rounds and let it rest for 5 minutes.
5. On a floured board, place one round of the dough and using a rolling pin, roll out the top of the dough horizontally. Press the pin down on top of the roll but do not roll the dough. Remove the rolling pin and the dough should look like a potato chip.
6. Apply the egg wash inside the space and fold one side of the dough on top of the other. With a little pressure seal the sides of the dough opening.
7. Place this in a baking dish, cover with a towel and let it sit for ½ hour until it starts rising. Before baking it, lightly brush the outer portion of the dough with more egg wash and bake it at 375°F for 25 - 30 minutes or until dark golden brown.
8. Remove and cool slightly, then dip it in a bowl of melted butter and then into a bowl of cinnamon sugar.
9. Serve the stollen sliced into desired pieces along with tea, coffee or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.