- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Tomato Soup with Goat Cheese Pesto Croutons Recipe Video
|For the tomatoes|
|Plum tomatoes||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm)|
|Fresh thyme sprigs||4 Small|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh ground pepper||To Taste|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|For the croutons|
|Baguette roll||8 Medium (cut 3/8-inch thick)|
|Goat cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Basil pesto||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|For the soup|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chop|
|Brandy||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock/Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 417 Calories from Fat 122
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g20.9%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.2 mg
Sodium 685.2 mg28.5%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 11 g22.8%
Vitamin A 22.9% Vitamin C 30.7%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedSheet pan
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or foil.
3. Cut tomatoes in half crosswise and place it in a bowl, add garlic, thyme and olive oil, toss to coat.
4. Place the tomatoes on the sheet pan upside down, season with salt and pepper.
5. Chop the onions, set aside.
6. Cut the baguette into 3/8 inch thick slices, place it on a sheet pan and brush with olive oil.
7. Roast for 30-40 minutes or until tomato skins are charred and the garlic cloves are softened and brown.
8. In a bowl combine goat cheese and pesto, set aside.
9. In a Dutch oven pour oil and sauté the onions with a pinch of salt and sauté until brown.
10. Check the tomatoes half way through the cooking and rotate the pan for even browning.
11. Once the tomatoes are done remove from the oven, set aside.
12. Place the bread in the oven and toast it for 5-7 minutes.
13. Remove the thyme sprigs and add the tomatoes, garlic and the juices to the pot.
14. Using an emersion blender, puree the tomatoes, add brandy and chicken stock to the tomato. Stir and mix everything, add the cream and stir again and simmer until the bread is ready.
15. Remove the bread from the oven, and spread the goat cheese pesto mixture on the bread.
16. Once done turn off the heat for the soup.
17. Serve the roasted tomato soup with goat cheese croutons.