- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Holiday Pumpkin Pudding Recipe
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pumpkin||5 1⁄4 Cup (84 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||6 , beaten|
|Egg whites||4 , beaten|
|Lemon extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 444 Calories from Fat 197
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.2%
Saturated Fat 12.7 g63.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 233.4 mg
Sodium 174.2 mg7.3%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.6%
Sugars 48 g
Protein 9 g18.9%
Vitamin A 165.4% Vitamin C 15.5%
Calcium 16.4% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Collect and measure all the required ingredients
2. Preheat the oven to 425°F before baking
3. Butter a baking dish or pudding mould
4. Into a mixing bowl add the pumpkin along with the spice, lemon extract and salt.
5. Use a fork and mash lightly and mix well.
6. In another mixing bowl, combine the sugar and butter and beat well with an electric beater or a wire whisk until soft and fluffy.
7. Gradually add the egg yolks, one at a time and blend into the creamed mixture.
8. Stir in milk and the pumpkin mixture.
9. Lightly fold in the beaten egg whites.
10. Turn into the buttered pudding mold and place in the preheated oven
11. Bake for first 45 minutes.
12. In the mean time, beat the remaining egg whites in a clean dry bowl with an electric beater, until frothy.
13. Gradually add the sugar and continuously beat until stiff.
14. Spread this meringue over the pudding and return to the oven for another 10 minutes until lightly browned.
15. Remove from oven and rest for a while before placing in the refrigerator to chill.
16. Serve the pudding chilled with cream if you like.