- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Holiday Plum And Dry Fruit Pudding Recipe
|Pitted dates||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Dried figs||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Dried apricots||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Walnuts||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Raisins||15 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Chopped candied citron||4 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pumpkin pie spice||1 Tablespoon|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground suet||1⁄2 Pound|
|Soft white bread crumbs||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Brandy||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggnog sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 9577 Calories from Fat 3602
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 411 g632.9%
Saturated Fat 147 g735.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1019.3 mg
Sodium 3524.7 mg146.9%
Total Carbohydrates 1399 g466.5%
Dietary Fiber 99.3 g397.3%
Sugars 919.6 g
Protein 126 g253%
Vitamin A 209.4% Vitamin C 97.9%
Calcium 192.6% Iron 261.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Chop dates, figs, apricots and walnuts into small pieces. Combine with raisins and candied citron in a very large bowl.
3. Sift flour, pumpkin-pie spice and salt onto waxed paper.
4. Beat eggs and brown sugar in large bowl of electric mixer at high speed 3 minutes, until fluffy; lower speed and mix in ground suet, bread crumbs, brandy and corn syrup. Stir in flour mixture until well blended.
5. Pour egg mixture over fruits and nuts and stir until well blended. Spoon into prepared mold. Cover with lid of mold or with foil, plastic wrap or a double thickness of waxed paper and fasten with string.
6. Place mold on a rack or trivet in a kettle (or make a rack by crumpling foil in a doughnut shape to fit bottom of kettle). Pour in boiling water to half the depth of pudding mold; cover tightly.
7. Steam 5 1/2 hours, or until pudding is firm and a long skewer inserted in center comes out clean. (Keep water boiling gently during entire cooking time, adding more boiling water, if needed.)
8. Cool pudding in mold 30 minutes. Loosen around edge with a knife; invert onto rack.