- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Holiday Fruit 'N' Nut Bread Recipe
|Whole wheat flour||500 Milliliter (2 Cups)|
|Lecithin granules||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Brewer's yeast||2 Teaspoon|
|Corn oil||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Honey||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Yogurt||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Pitted dates||250 Milliliter, chopped (1 Cup)|
|Walnuts||125 Milliliter, chopped (1/2 Cup)|
|Orange rind||2 Teaspoon, grated|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4406 Calories from Fat 1576
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 184 g282.3%
Saturated Fat 24.2 g120.8%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 439.2 mg
Sodium 1307.5 mg54.5%
Total Carbohydrates 646 g215.4%
Dietary Fiber 98.9 g395.6%
Sugars 219.9 g
Protein 117 g233.9%
Vitamin A 15.9% Vitamin C 30.1%
Calcium 145.8% Iron 185.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Lightly grease an 8 1/2-inch X 4 1/2-inch bread pan.
2. Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C)
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine first 6 ingredients.
4. In a large bowl, combine liquid ingredients and blend well.
5. Stir in dates, walnuts and orange rind.
6. Add dry ingredients in batches to the liquid mixture, stirring well after each addition, until smooth batter is formed.
7. Pour batter into bread pan.
8. Bake bread in a preheated oven for about 1 hour, or until spongy to touch and a skewer comes out clean.
9. Remove from oven and let stand in pan for 5 minutes.
10. Invert onto wire rack and let cool.
11. Slice thickly and serve for breakfast or at tea time.
12. Wrap and include in holiday gift hampers if you like.