- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Holiday Fruit Cookies Recipe
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs), firmly packed|
|Sour milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs), sifted|
|Pecans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), broken|
|Cherry||2 Cup (32 tbs), candied|
|Dates||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7829 Calories from Fat 3183
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 368 g565.5%
Saturated Fat 71 g355.2%
Trans Fat 27 g
Cholesterol 423 mg141%
Sodium 3590 mg149.6%
Total Carbohydrates 1115 g371.6%
Dietary Fiber 68.5 g273.9%
Sugars 707.7 g
Protein 99 g197.7%
Vitamin A 18.4% Vitamin C 59.6%
Calcium 80.4% Iron 180.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Blend sugar and shortening to make it light and creamy.
3. Put eggs and milk to the mixture and stir well.
4. Sieve flour, soda and salt and put in the sugar mixture.
5. Add pecans, cherries and dates to the mixture.
6. Take slightly greased baking sheets and drop the mixture on it with a teaspoon.
7. Put the sheets for baking for 8-10 minutes.
8. Serve with tea or coffee.