- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Holiday Fruit Chutney Recipe Video
|Ginger||2 Ounce, coarsely chopped|
|Apples||8 , coarsely chopped|
|Cranberries||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (Organic)|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 902 Calories from Fat 13
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.4%
Saturated Fat 0.27 g1.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 16.9 mg0.7%
Total Carbohydrates 237 g78.9%
Dietary Fiber 24 g96%
Sugars 195.7 g
Protein 3 g5.8%
Vitamin A 14% Vitamin C 92.2%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 8.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a stainless steel deep pot, put the sugar, add cayenne pepper, pour red wine vinegar vinegar and add the chopped ginger. Let it cook for 2 minutes.
2. Pop the chopped apples into the same pot, stir that around and cook until it is Al-dente.
3. Use a strainer and drain all the liquid out of the apples cooking in the pot.
4. Transfer the apples into a bowl and pour the juice back into the pot and let it reduce for 1 minute.
5. Now put the cranberries into the pot and let it cook for 3 minutes.
6. Pour the cranberries into a strainer and drain the juices out.
7. Put the juice back into the pot and let it reduce by cooking for a minute, while the cranberries are transferred into a separate bowl.
8. Now combine the apples and the cranberries and pour the juice over it.
9. Serve this chutney as an appetizer or a dessert during meal time.