- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Holiday Dressing For Poultry Recipe
|Instant chicken broth and seasoning mix||1 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggplant||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced|
|Asparagus||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sage||1 Teaspoon, rubbed|
|Cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Whole wheat bread slices||4 , cut into cubes|
|Whole wheat bread slices||4 , cut into 1/4-inch cubes|
Calories 114 Calories from Fat 13
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.2%
Saturated Fat 0.37 g1.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 181 mg7.5%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.5%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 5 g10%
Vitamin A 9.4% Vitamin C 31.7%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 13.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
2) In a 2 1/2-quart sauce pan, sprinkle the broth mix over water and bring to a boil.
3) Stir in rest of the ingredients except the bread cubes and cook covered over a low heat for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, .
4) Turn off the heat, stir in the bread cubes and mix well.
5) In a 1 1/2-quart casserole sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, spread the mixture evenly at the bottom.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes until lightly browned.
7) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.