- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cranberry Cream Puffs-Holiday Series Recipe Video
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||5 (4 eggs for the dough and 1 for egg wash)|
|Pudding mix||4 Ounce|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cool whip||4 Ounce|
|Cranberry relish||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄5 Teaspoon|
Calories 377 Calories from Fat 179
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.6%
Saturated Fat 12.2 g60.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 170.9 mg57%
Sodium 310 mg12.9%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.61 g2.4%
Sugars 19.9 g
Protein 9 g17.7%
Vitamin A 11.9% Vitamin C 2.3%
Calcium 12% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a saucepan over low heat, put together water, butter salt and sugar, bring all this to a slow boil.
4. Turn off the heat and add in the flour, and stir continuously until the flour mixture starts to leave the edge of the pan.
5. Break in the 4 eggs and stir well to combine.
6. Put a zip lock plastic bag over a bag holder.
7. In the bag, put in the egg flour mixture and pull the bag from the holder, seal partly and remove the air.
8. Seal the bag completely and turn it around to mix completely or until the mixture starts to feel tougher and firm.
9. Push the batter in one corner of the bag, and hold the other corner along with the opening side.
10. Pipe the batter on the baking sheet, in small dollops and brush with egg wash.
11. Bake the puffs in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until light browned on top.
12. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow to cool.
For the filling
13. Put a zip lock plastic bag over a bag holder.
14. In the bag, put in pudding mix and milk.
15. Pull the bag from the holder, seal partly and remove the air.
16. Seal the bag completely and shake to mix completely until the mixture is thick.
17. Place the pudding mixture in the refrigerator until chilled.
18. Once the pudding mixture is chilled, transfer half of it in another zip lock bag.
19. Put both the bag in a bag holder and add 2 ounce of cool whip in each.
20. Add in cranberry relish in 1 bag.
21. Remove both the bags from the bag holder, seal it partly, remove air, seal completely and turn around and shake to mix.
22. Refrigerate both the bags for 5 to 10 minutes to thicken.
23. Cut the puffs in half, pipe the filling on the base and top it up with the lid.
24. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.