- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Holiday Cake Recipe
|Plain flour||4 Cup (64 tbs), sifted|
|Whole pecans||1 Quart|
|Glazed pineapple||1 Pound, cut into pieces|
|Red cherries||1⁄2 Pound, cut into halves|
|Green cherries||1⁄2 Pound, cut into halves|
|Angel flake coconut||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Oleo stick||2 (Parkay Brand)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon (Use 1 Heaping Teaspoon)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Bourbon whiskey||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 1109 Calories from Fat 611
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 72 g110.2%
Saturated Fat 13.8 g69.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61.6 mg
Sodium 335.6 mg14%
Total Carbohydrates 107 g35.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.7 g34.7%
Sugars 58.8 g
Protein 12 g23.4%
Vitamin A 18.7% Vitamin C 4.2%
Calcium 13.1% Iron 14.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, place the fruit and nuts.
3) Stir in 1/2 cup of sifted flour to coat the fruits and nuts well. Keep aside.
4) In a mixing bowl, cream oleo and sugar well.
5) To this, gradually add eggs, beating well after each addition.
6) Add dry ingredients and milk, alternately and beat well.
7) Now, stir in the whiskey.
8) To the fruit and nut mix, combine this batter, along with coconut. Mix thoroughly.
9) To three greased and lightly floured loaf pans of 5x9 inches each, pour equal measure of this batter.
10) Bake for 1 1/4 hours or until a straw inserted in the middle comes out clean.
11) You can serve this fresh, or store in the refrigerator and use later as required.