- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Holiday Appetizers Recipe Video
|For the hot artichoke dip|
|Light cream cheese||8 Ounce|
|Light sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light mayo||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated or shaved|
|Artichoke hearts||14 Ounce, drained, chopped (Canned in water / Frozen and defrosted)|
|Fresh dill/Dry dill - 1/2 teaspoon||1⁄2 Tablespoon, minced finely|
|For the mulled apple cider|
|Whole cloves||25 Medium|
|Zest of orange||4 Large, slices|
|Cinnamon sticks||3 Medium|
|Apple juice||4 Cup (64 tbs) (As needed)|
|For the bay shrimp appetizer|
|Light cream cheese||8 Ounce (One 8 oz block used)|
|Chili sauce||12 Ounce (One 12 oz Jar used)|
|Shrimps||1⁄2 Pound, cooked, chilled (Small Bay shrimps)|
|Ritz crackers||16 Ounce (One 16 oz Pack of any variety of Butter Crackers)|
Calories 582 Calories from Fat 205
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.1%
Saturated Fat 7.1 g35.5%
Trans Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 63.4 mg
Sodium 1462.9 mg61%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g22.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.6%
Sugars 22.2 g
Protein 26 g52.5%
Vitamin A 9.2% Vitamin C 41.3%
Calcium 52.1% Iron 27.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. For the hot artichoke dip - Baking dish
2. For the mulled apple cider - Electric wok / crock pot / can be prepared on a pan over the stove as well.
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese. Use back of a wooden spoon to mash the ingredients together.
3. Fold in the chopped artichoke hearts and finely minced fresh dill.
4. Pour into baking pan and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, until hot and lightly browned.
5. Serve with sliced bread.
This dip can be made ahead of time, covered with plastic wrap and kept in the refrigerator.
Let it stand 30 minutes at room temperature before putting in oven to bake.
For the Mulled Apple Cider:
1. Take an apple, make a pomander by poking the whole cloves into the apple all over the outside.
2. Take an orange and peel 4 slices of orange zest.
3. Take a wok, crock pot or saucepan, add in the apple pomander, 3 cinnamon sticks, 4 pieces of orange peel.
4. Pour apple juice into it and let it steep for about an hour on low heat and let all the flavors and spices are incorporated into the apple juice.
5. Serve warm in a tall glass.
For the Bay Shrimp Appetizer:
1. Place the block of cream cheese in the center of a large plate.
2. Spoon the chili sauce on top. Then top with the small bay shrimps.
3. Serve over butter crackers.