- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hiroshima Okonomiyaki Recipe Video
|Cabbage leaves||150 Gram|
|Moyashi||70 Gram (bean sprouts)|
|Cake flour||4 Tablespoon|
|For the yakisoba noodles|
|Yakisoba noodles||1 Pound|
|Okonomiyaki sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Bonito powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ika ten||10 Gram (deep fried dried squid coated with batter)|
|For the pork belly|
|Pork belly strips||60 Gram|
|Green onions||5 Tablespoon|
|Okonomiyaki sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Aonori seaweed||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||4 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1825 Calories from Fat 633
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g106.8%
Saturated Fat 16.8 g84%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 266.3 mg
Sodium 1303.9 mg54.3%
Total Carbohydrates 245 g81.5%
Dietary Fiber 17.9 g71.7%
Sugars 34.8 g
Protein 49 g97.5%
Vitamin A 68.2% Vitamin C 164.2%
Calcium 27.1% Iron 69%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the griddle to high.
2. In a bowl, combine the cake flour and water. Mix to combine well and let the batter sit for 10 minutes.
3. Core the cabbage, take out the center part and shred the leaves.
4. Take the pre heated griddle and coat the base with vegetable oil.
5. Drop the batter made earlier and spread it around in a round shape with the back of the ladle. Reserve a little batter for later.
6. Sprinkle the bonito powder on the okonomiyaki.
7. Place the shredded cabbage on the okonomiyaki.
8. Sprinkle a layer of bonito powder on the cabbage.
9. Add the Moyashi bean sprouts on the cabbage.
10. Crumble the Ikaten on the bean sprouts.
11. Place the pork belly slices on top.and cook for about 5 minutes.
12. Season the pork slices with salt and pepper. Make sure the okonomiyaki does not stick to the griddle.
13. Stir the reserved batter and pour on the okonomiyaki.
14. Carefully flip the okonomiyaki over. Gather the vegetables and reshape the okonomiyaki as shown in the video.
15. Coat the griddle with vegetable oil and throw in the yakisoba noodles.
16. Sprinkle on the sake and season with salt and pepper.
17. Divide the noodles in half and stir fry the yakisoba.
18. Add the okonomiyaki sauce to the noodles and keep stirring.
19. Gather the noodles together and form a circle almost the same size as the okonomiyaki.
20. Lift and place the okonomiyaki on it.
21. Clean the griddle with a paper towel and add some more vegetable oil to it.
22. Crack open an egg. Break the yolk and spread the egg in a circle.
23. Lift the okonomiyaki and place on the egg.
24. Let it cook for 2 minutes before flipping it over.
25. Add the okonomiyaki sauce and smear the top with it.
26. Sprinkle bonito powder once again along with the Aonori seaweed.
27. Finally sprinkle the chopped green onions and serve right away.