- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Lentil Soup Recipe Video
|For the soup|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, julienned|
|Lentils||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||12 Cup (192 tbs)|
|Short pasta||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), uncooked|
|For the seasoning|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Crushed garlic||6 Clove (30 gm) (6 - 10 cloves used as required)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the garnish|
|Fresh cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped (As required)|
|Scallions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely (As required)|
Calories 348 Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.8%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 71.7 mg3%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17.1%
Dietary Fiber 20.6 g82.6%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 18 g36.5%
Vitamin A 3.5% Vitamin C 42.1%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 28.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat up a pot with a couple of tbsp of olive oil. Add onions and saute on low heat for about 5 minutes until caramelized and golden.
2. Add the lentils and water. Season with salt and pepper and let it boil.
3. Meanwhile, in another pan, warm some olive oil, add chopped cilantro and crushed garlic. Saute for a couple of minutes.
4. Add lemon juice to the cilantro and garlic mixture, and add this mixture to the boiling lentils. Stir and let it simmer for a few more minutes.
5. Add uncooked short pasta, boil for about 5 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
6. Serve warm garnished with some chopped cilantro and scallions.
For gluten-free option, use gluten free pasta.