- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
High Protein Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe
|Whole wheat flour||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Soy flour||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Wheat germ||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||375 Milliliter (1 1/2 Cups)|
|Unsulfured molasses||15 Milliliter (Medium, 1 Tablespoon)|
Calories 328 Calories from Fat 37
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.6%
Saturated Fat 0.61 g3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.9 mg
Sodium 169 mg7%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.4%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 17 g34.8%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 18.7% Iron 21.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.
2. In a smaller bowl, combine liquid ingredients adding only 1 cup of buttermilk.
3. Use a wire whisk or wooden spoon to beat until well blended.
4. Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients and stir quickly and thoroughly.
5. Add a more buttermilk if required to adjust the consistency.
6. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or skillet.
7. When hot, ladle the batter according to desired size of pancake.
8. When the bottom is browned and to surface begins to bubble, flip over using a pancake turner or spatula.
9. Brown other side and remove onto a plate.
10. Continue to make more pancakes with remaining batter.
11. Serve pancakes hot.