- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
High Protein Bran Popovers Recipe
|Butter/Sunflower margarine||12 Teaspoon|
|Whole wheat flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Bran||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 103 Calories from Fat 58
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.2%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 83.1 mg
Sodium 72.3 mg3%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 4 g8.4%
Vitamin A 4.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 3.5% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 375Â°.
2) Use 12 muffin caps, to place 1 teaspoon butter or margarine.
3) Melt the butter by placing the cups in hot oven for about 3 minutes.
4) In your food processor, use METAL BLADE setting.
5) In your work bowl, add flour, bran, salt, eggs and milk. Process 10 seconds to mix all together.
6) Fill Â¾ part of the muffin cups with the batter.
7) Place inside oven to bake for 30 minutes. Do not open the oven door while baking as the popovers might collapse.
8) Serve the popovers with your choice of topping.