- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hickory Smoked Pickerel Recipe
|Pickerel fillets/Other fish fillets||2 Pound|
|Soy sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Melted fat/Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Liquid smoke||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
Calories 187 Calories from Fat 69
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.8%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 130.9 mg
Sodium 872.1 mg36.3%
Total Carbohydrates 1 g0.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.14 g0.56%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 29 g57.9%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.47%
Calcium 0.4% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the grill to medium heat.
2. Thaw frozen fish.
3. Chop the fish equally into serving size portions.
4. In a cup, blend rest of the ingredients to form a sauce
5. In a shallow baking dish, keep the fish in a single layer.
6. Pour the sauce on to the fish fillets and let it sit for 30 minutes.
7. Turn it once to apply the sauce evenly on all sides of the fish.
8. Remove the fish after 30 minutes and keep aside the sauce for basting.
9. On a well-greased, hinged wire grill, place the marinated fish fillet.
10. Set the grill rack at a height of 4 inches above heat source.
11. Grill for about 8 minutes.
12. Apply sauce onto the fish fillet.
13. Turn over the fish and cook the other side for another 7-10 minutes or until the fish flakes.
14. Serve hot.