- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hi Pro Sprouts Recipe
|Tomato juice||1 Liter (4 Cups)|
|Lemon juice||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Celery||2 , chopped (Stalks With Leaves)|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Onions||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Green peppers||30 Milliliter, diced (2 Tablespoon)|
|Celery seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Sunflower seeds||125 Milliliter, sprouted (1/2 Cup)|
|Soybeans||125 Milliliter, sprouted (1/2 Cup)|
|Cumin powder||1 Dash|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Dash|
Calories 754 Calories from Fat 386
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.6%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 162.6 mg6.8%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.4%
Dietary Fiber 14.5 g58.1%
Sugars 25.9 g
Protein 41 g81.3%
Vitamin A 56.2% Vitamin C 202%
Calcium 31.2% Iron 88.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a blender, process 1 cup of tomato juice with lemon juice, celery stalk, fresh parsley, onions, green peppers and celery seed at high speed until smooth.
2. Add rest of the juice and process until thoroughly mixed.
3. In a pan or wok, pour enough tomato juice mixture to cover the bottom.
4. Add tamari and garlic and bring it to a boil.
5. Add sprouts and cook for 5 minutes; stir occasionally.
6. Serve alone or with tacos or use as a filling.